1. In general, for access to an official PhD Programme, it is necessary to be in possession of an official Spanish Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent and a University Master’s Degree or equivalent, provided that with this two degrees at least 300 ECTS credits have been passed.
2. Similarly, those in the following cases can access the programme:
- To be in possession of a official university degree from Spain or any other country in the European Higher Education Area that, in accordance with the provisions of Article 16 of the Royal Decree 1393/2007 of October 29, qualifies holders for accessing a Master’s Degree, provided they have also completed a minimum of 300 ECTS credits of official university education overall, of which at least 60 must be of a Master’s Degree.
- To be in possession of a Spanish Bachelor’s Degree, lasting at least 300 ECTS credits, according to the European law. Students with this type of degree must compulsory take the education complements required by the Programme, unless the Study Plan corresponding to the Degree includes credits on research training, equivalent to the training value of the research credits in the Master’s Degrees.
- University graduates who, after obtaining a training place in the corresponding admission test for specialised health training, have successfully passed at least a two years training in a programme to obtain the official degree of one of the specialities in Health Sciences.
- To be in possession of a degree obtained in accordance with foreign educational systems –no need to have it officially recognised, after the University has verified that this degree accredits an educational level equivalent to that of the official Spanish Master’s Degree and giving access to PhD Programmes in the country where it was issued. This admission does not imply, in any case, nor the official recognition of student’s previous degrees nor its recognition for other purposes than PhD Programme.
- To be in the possession of another Spanish PhD obtained according to previous university regulations.
- To be in possession of an official university degree that obtained correspondence at level 3 of the QF-EHEA, in accordance with the procedure established in RD 967/2014 of November 21, which establishes the requirements and procedures for the approval and equivalence declaration of the degree and official university academic level and for the validation of foreign studies of Higher Education, and the procedure to determine the correspondence to the levels of the QF-EHEA of the official titles of Architect, Engineer, Bachelor, Technical Architect, Engineer Technician and Diploma.
3. PhD students who have begun their PhD Programmes under previous university ordinances may access the PhD Programmes governed by RD 99/2011, prior to admission under the provisions of the PhD Programmes Regulation of the University of Vigo. In any case, they must meet the requirements established, in general terms, for accessing doctoral studies, governed by Royal Decree 99/2011.
4. The Graduates, Engineers or Architects holding the “Master of Advanced Studies earned in accordance with the provisions of Royal Decree 778/1998, of April 30, or having the Research Aptitude governed by Royal Decree 185/1985, of January 23, may access PhD Programmes.
5. The Graduates, Engineers or Architects holding an official Master’s Degree under the Royal Decree 56/2005 or the Royal Decree 1393/2007, amended by Royal Decree 861/2010, or having completed 60 ECTS of studies of official Master’s Degree, may access PhD Programmes.
6. Those holding an official three-year Degree, Technical Architects or Technical Engineers having completed 300 ECTS credits in the overall of the official university studies, of which at least 60 must be of Master’s level, can also access PhD Programmes.